September 22, 2009

Cookbooks and cake

The cookbook launch went well! We had a party at Kinglake on Sunday evening, and much fun was had by all. Dinner from the cookbook, prizes and face painting, music and delights. Not to mention, much cake.... Here are a couple of shots of the pre-launch preparations chez Taccolina on Saturday afternoon. I'm still sorting the photos from the launch itself, so I'll show you those soon.

Saturday afternoon, getting sorted: cake boxes, muffin cases, mm-mm.



Baking and icing, mm-hhmm.



Cupcakes finished and starting to fill the cake box... (Little silver sugarballs on top.)



I'm not sure if I took a picture of our kitchen table before we left, but it was piled high with white cake boxes full of baked goodies. Many lovely people dropped off a cake, or three -- and the assortment was beautiful, and turned out to be delicious.



At the party, a very serious 10-year-old wanted to discuss the various merits of the cakes with me. The Chocolate Truffle cake was pronounced 'Very dark. But nice.' - and the Orange Cardamom Sour Cream Cake was 'Really, really good.' That's one sophisticated ten-year-old cake taster, not mincing her words.

We had dark cakes, light cakes, coconut cakes and pink-iced cakes. We had three tiers of cupcakes on a gorgeous stand. There was a strawberry-adorned chocolate beauty. Glossy icing on a tall dark number. A double-decker chocolate cake, with butter cream icing and german cherry jam in the middle. A clown cake. Ring cakes. They all made new friends. Large white boxes were last seen being borne away by happy Kinglake residents full of assorted pieces of cake (the residents - and the boxes, that is!)

Hurrah to the cake bakers, one and all of you!

4 comments:

Leonie said...

Congratulations on a successful launch! I can vouch for the lemonade scones in the book being delicious.

CurlyPops said...

I'm so glad it all went so well. I saw a pic of the choccy cakes over at Princess and the Monkey - yummo!

I received an enquiry from someone wanting to buy a chefs hat today too, so thankyou very much!

Jacqueline said...

and hoorah for you, for being such a wonderful community-minded, generous being while you've been having your own hard times. If I lived near by, I'd be baking you my grandma's sponge cake, with jam and cream filling and icing sugar on the top. But I guess I could just sent your long past giveaway!!

Bellgirl said...

Oooh yummy, those cakes look sensational! Congratulations on a great project and a great event!