March 20, 2009

Up to the blue -- or should dad be boo?


I got eight hours of sleep last night: this is an achievement! Up and out in the regular early, not the dark and extra-early early, and these autumn days are gorgeously crisp. Lots of dog walkers. Balloons in the sky.

I took this photo at about exactly this time last year, and although I forgot my camera today, this was just what the sky looked like. Pearly clouds and the jewel-bright balloons.

Sadly, sometime in that long sleep, I seem to have caught a cold. I've been sneezing my way around the house this morning, and it's not looking good. I've got one more busy work day ahead of me, and Sewjourn's quilting bee tomorrow, and dinner out, and more catching up with friends on Sunday, and I just want to go to bed and sniffle.

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I hope those sniffles get banished so that you can have a lovely weekend.

bec said...

Boo to sniffles! My remedy (if you need one) is a REALLY strong hot lemon drink, ie lots of lemon juice, and a couple of Panadol. It may help? Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

love that balloon shot, hope u r feeling better for all yr weekend duties