January 28, 2009

Striking gold at the oppy

With Victoria's heat wave now expected to be the worst since 1908, on Saturday I was ahead of the game: I had my wary eye open at the oppy for hot-day clothes.

Something suitable for work. Because, you know, that stash of lovely linen fabric is being a little slow in making itself up into some loose linen trousers. (How remiss it is!)

Here are a couple of delights from Savers. The truly gorgeous shirt was found when I picked up a wad of interesting-looking fabric dumped on top of the racks, thinking, hmmm - nice fabric - I could make something out of-ooh! It's my size! I'm rather in love with the shirt, 'though a thin elastic band around the bottom is unflattering. It's a work of mere moments to take it off and hem the shirt, and I've worn it twice already anyway, so clearly this is not going to hold me up.


Two shirts and two pairs of trousers for the grand total of $26. I'm just annoyed that I left behind an extra-large Mason jar that would have been just what I need for a batch of preserved lemons. Maybe next time....

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Isn't it amazing how much more exciting it is to find great clothes at the oppy at bargain prices, rather than buying expensive things at chain shops.

Kerrie (andyANDmolly) said...

I agree, I get such a thrill at finding something for a few dollars from a garage sale or op shop than I would if I bought it from DJs. Well done!