October 30, 2008

Late....


It's late, and I'm sitting up with my laptop, just a quick post before bed. I can't fall over now, the second-to-last day of Blogtoberfest. Not after the superb cake-roundup, Nana's cool shirt, or the pattern goodness with delightful envelope drawings. You - we - have all put in so much effort, written so many interesting and thoughtful posts, and made some new connections.

Everything has gone quiet, and there are fewer trains, just the occasional car, and the sound of seed pods popping on the tin roof as they fall. Today's fierce wind is gone. My latest mini-quilt is a saturated wet square hanging on the line in the dark, wild man of the forest painted, eyes black and mouth spouting leaves. An early Hallow's Eve sprite; an old man of the woods, Jack in the Green.

Tomorrow it all starts up again: work, play, talk, organising, doing, being, out and about. An all-night craft-a-thon midnight pyjama party with my crafty gang, we're going to dabble in the art of stichery witchery. But for now, I'm off to bed to dream of leaves, moss and quiet things.

B

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

An all night craft-a-thon pyjama party sounds like fun!