October 14, 2008

Blogtoberfest: Excuse me while I step out for a quick break


I almost made it through an entire day without blogging. Of course, I still read a dozen or so of your posts, but I was going to be cavalier, I was going to step outside for a day, I was going to have a quick smoko 'round the back of the Forum ( 'cept I don't smoke.)

But here I am again. Perhaps I ought to be worried?

Sometimes, there's no bus for what feels like hours, and then all of a sudden three come along at once. Well, it feels a little like that with the job-hunt at the moment. I've got a busy week ahead of me, with interviews, 'chats', applications to send in, and volunteer work starting. And it's my birthday tomorrow, so I've got a dinner date with the lovely Mr. Tacc, and I am told that there will be a special trip to a craft shop of my choosing - frahfrahfrah!!

As for the photo - these charming young Romans were spotted outside the Coliseum by Mr. Tacc, who is quick with the camera, but not quick enough to escape notice. Having a smoko. It's probably a historically accurate activity, soldiering being what it is.

I hope you're soldiering on with your Blogtoberfest - with little breaks to keep your spirits up.

PS: just in case you think this is no longer a sewing blog, I'm making myself a summer shirt. Badly. I'll post some photos if I'm feeling brave. (It might just become pyjamas.)

7 comments:

Liesl said...

Happy birthday!

Hope you have a great day. The trip to the craft shop sounds most promising.

Good luck with the interviews too!

Taccolina said...

Thanks, Ms. Bumpo! Any recommendations for the BEST crafty shop much appreciated. I'm looking for screenprinting stuff now.... Exciting!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you!! enjoy your spend up can't wait to see the haul!!

Bellgirl said...

I like to reserve the right to change all my sewing projects into Pyjamas ;)

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

This is such a funny photo!!

Good luck with the interviews and all that entails. Shine!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday full of pampering, relaxing and CAKE!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

A belated Happy Birthday. I hope you had a lovely day.

Bird Bath said...

hope that your birthday was full of fun!