September 24, 2008

On my desk...

Here's a little thing, on my desk. It's my first (or second) attempt at an art journal page, inspired by the interview Jennifer hosted with Dawn DeVries Sokol over at CraftSanity.


I've been sitting on it for a week or two. (Not literally!) I just wasn't sure if it was really art journaling, and then I opened up the book today and decided that because it had blue all over it, I rather liked it. A photo from a greeting card, some wrapping paper, fabric leaves and a fabric flower. No acrylics? Just use fabric paint. Who can tell?

4 comments:

Liesl said...

Love your journal page. What a great idea. Thanks for the link to the interview ... I must have a listen!

Maureen Reynolds said...

Good design Bev and glad you literally didn't have to hatch it.

btw, who/what is Molesworth? I only think of Adrian Mole as in Diary of..

Taccolina said...

Maureen, I've been thinking of posting about Molesworth for a bit - now I will, just because you asked! (grin)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Thanks for the link. I've been reading and thinking about art journaling lately so the more ideas the merrier. I really like your page too.